TVCCA Head Start has a wonderful opportunity that is available exclusively to eligible Friendship School families!
TVCCA Head Start and The Friendship School offer a special Collaborative program. In this combined program, The Friendship School provides quality educational services to your child, and, in addition, your family has access to a Head Start Family Liaison. Your Family Liaison can assist and support your family in various ways including:
- Helping with referrals to community programs, like Energy Assistance, WIC, Tommy Toys and Santa Boots
- Linking you to community opportunities, resources and other information you may need
- Offering parenting education and workshop opportunities, including nutrition and health tips
- Acting as a link between your child's classroom and home, and
- Supporting family goals
- Meeting with your Family Liaison on a monthly basis
- Breakfast and lunch provided during your child's school day
The Family Liaison will also provide an extra set of eyes at school, giving your child some individual attention, observing his/her skills and helping develop his/her strengths, and sharing that information so you are better informed about how he/she is doing and how you can support learning as well.
There are many ways to contact us!
You can stop by our office located in room 1332, call us at 860-447-4049 ext.7152 or you can contact us by email:
You may also call the Community Outreach office at TVCCA Head Start for more information at
Head Start is an income eligible program. We look forward to working with you!
Your TVCCA Head Start Family Liaisons at The Friendship School
Note: We have other options (full and part-day) in New London County: Taftville, New London, Colchester, Montville, Stonington, and another collaboration at Norwich Public Schools. Early Head Start is available for expectant families and 0-3 year-olds!
Check out our website!