How to Apply
ADMISSION TO THE FRIENDSHIP SCHOOL
Thank you for your interest in The Friendship
The application period for the 2017-2018 school
year is January 1, 2017, until March 31,
Apply online today!
Application deadline is March 31, 2017
Please click here if you are in need of a paper
The Friendship School is a magnet school open to all
pre-kindergarten and kindergarten aged children in Connecticut.
To apply students must be at least three or four years old on
or before September 30, 2017. Students who are five years old
on or before January 1, 2018, will be eligible for
Admission to The Friendship School is by lottery and an
application for each child that is applying must be completed.
During the application period we welcome you to complete an
application for your child online and join us for a guided tour.
To attend a guided tour, please call Robin Campbell at
860.447.4049 ext. 7129.
March 31, 2017, will be the last day to complete and submit an
application for your child. Early in April the lottery will
take place and notification to your child's enrollment status will
be delivered to your mailing address. For the families who
receive unfortunate information that they were not selected through
the lottery, we ask that you remain hopeful because seats do
become available. Once these additional seats become
available the admissions office will accept another student from
the applicant pool and will contact the parents.
Beginning in September of 2017, there may be a tuition charge to
families of pre-kindergarten children from all communities. This
charge is the result of a change in the laws that govern magnet
schools. LEARN is now required by the State of Connecticut to
charge families based on income and family size. A family's cost
will not be more than $400.00 per month per child from September 1
to June 30.
- Specializing in early childhood learning, nurturing the
development of the whole child
- Establishing early literacy skills such as listening, speaking
and vocabulary building
- Engaging students in thoughtfully designed, developmentally
appropriate learning tasks
- Providing an inclusive special education program
- Pre-kindergarten and kindergarten - 180 days/year
- Full day pre-kindergarten and kindergarten
- Fee based before and after school care (7:00am - 6:00pm)
- Inclusive special education programs
- State-of-the-art building
- Connecticut certified teaching staff
- Head Start services
- School Based Health Center
- Community Health Center of New London Brighter Smiles Dental
- Active Friendship School Family Organization (FFO)
Southeastern Connecticut Magnet Schools are committed to serving
military families and their children. The Friendship School has
seats dedicated to highly mobile families who transfer to the
region following the regular application period. If you are moving
to the area or receive transfer orders to the Connecticut Submarine
Base or the Coast Guard Academy and are interested in learning more
about our school please call the school at 860-447-4049.